I had quite a weekend.
At 27, I count myself very blessed if I'm still able to keep in touch with a group of friends since Primary 1. In this case, we have a core group of about 15 of us. Out of the 15, I probably can take 4 of them out and will count them as friends, very close friends.
Friends that have argued before.
Friends that have had a slumber party at my home renting all the worst possible horror movies and drinking many cups of coffee to stand the hours.
Friends who were caught playing truant or being framed for things we didn't do
Friends who shared the walk through doors of the video arcade games in which I led the pack and got them into trouble but I flee as my innocent face and prefect status got me off the hook. I smile in young victory at that age 12.
We are indeed, friends.
Over the weekend, his dad passed away, suddenly. His dad was planning to resigned that day and spoke to his boss
"I think it's time I retire, I want to take some rest and go for the holiday" he told his wife and boss. He did just that. He tendered, in this case, he could have possibly done more. He surrendered.
He passed away 20 mins later in the toilet, unfound. He was 62. May he rest dearly in peace.
News was delivered to T and H as the dad has fainted, please come to the hospital. Upon reaching and rushing against the heartbeat of time, they had to resigned to the fact that dad was gone. The mother chose to say nothing until they arrived because of safety, of wanting the children to be there safe. The love. has a surging power.
The wake was for 2 nights and following the Sunday morning on the way to the burial site for inspection, the family had met with a car accident. T's mother had flung to the front and hurt her back and wrists while his other aunties hurt their legs from the heavy hit on to a stationary car. Sigh, I know, an idiot and a further disoriented time for the family.
Later that afternoon, I had 2 smses. First from T, "I need some of you guys to stay over my place and keep watch". He needed rest as the next day was going to be one that is emotionally and physically tiring for him. I volunteered to put up and just did all I could.
Second was from TL who met in a car accident as well. And TL is from the group of 4. He is a friend. He was on the highway and had an oncoming car crashed straight onto him on the highway. How did that commercial van get on the wrong side of the highway, beats me. TL's car was a total wreck, he had just managed to swerve to the side but still had great impact as the van crashed straight into the passenger side pushing the dashboard right to the back of the car. If anyone was his passenger, he would have been dead. The last person he dropped home was me.
He suffered a fracture in the left eye socket and had just gone for surgery this evening. Kindly pray for relieve and recovery. I am going to visit my friend tomorrow. Maybe I'll bring a good story with me. Or else, we'll talk about T's progress. I am sure he would like to know.
I prayed with TL last night before I went over to T's house. I rested in the Lord, and surrendered TL to God. I believe that God will bring him through.
The rest of the night was spent at T's and just stayed watch over the house for the night. I slept on the couch with a hand towel over my face to block the light. Woke up with a sore shoulder, a small price in response to what the family was going through. Barely caught many hours.
I went back to work in the afternoon and had a back to back meeting lasting 5 hours. I was dead beat tired by the time I got home.
Yet, there were many thoughts running through my mind which brings me to the centrepiece.
***
His dad passed away suddenly. He just went.I was thinking, in this instance what if it was my dad or even me. Would I have missed the opportunity to share Christ if dad went just like that. Having cancer would have been a blessing in this case given the circumstance to reflect and correct all wrongs; a second chance maybe.
From the wake, it brought back memories of the passing of my grandmother - the last evident funeral I went for. Chinese rituals and beliefs which now, I don't participate because of understanding who my true God is. I am glad in this respect that I understand what I know and came to know and got to know.
***
It's really funny. Last week I was planning for the Phantom of the Opera to Sg with CK, and also talking to some shadows of the smaller island. I spoke quite interestingly about the trip and things we would do. I also had to cast for 2 ads that week and having a shot for them on the same weekend to Sg. Here I was, thinking about the best possible outcome and planning most of my journey on how I could work this best.
With the rude shock over the weekend, everything changes. At least I know still that God is here.
At 27, I count myself very blessed if I'm still able to keep in touch with a group of friends since Primary 1. In this case, we have a core group of about 15 of us. Out of the 15, I probably can take 4 of them out and will count them as friends, very close friends.
Friends that have argued before.
Friends that have had a slumber party at my home renting all the worst possible horror movies and drinking many cups of coffee to stand the hours.
Friends who were caught playing truant or being framed for things we didn't do
Friends who shared the walk through doors of the video arcade games in which I led the pack and got them into trouble but I flee as my innocent face and prefect status got me off the hook. I smile in young victory at that age 12.
We are indeed, friends.
Over the weekend, his dad passed away, suddenly. His dad was planning to resigned that day and spoke to his boss
"I think it's time I retire, I want to take some rest and go for the holiday" he told his wife and boss. He did just that. He tendered, in this case, he could have possibly done more. He surrendered.
He passed away 20 mins later in the toilet, unfound. He was 62. May he rest dearly in peace.
News was delivered to T and H as the dad has fainted, please come to the hospital. Upon reaching and rushing against the heartbeat of time, they had to resigned to the fact that dad was gone. The mother chose to say nothing until they arrived because of safety, of wanting the children to be there safe. The love. has a surging power.
The wake was for 2 nights and following the Sunday morning on the way to the burial site for inspection, the family had met with a car accident. T's mother had flung to the front and hurt her back and wrists while his other aunties hurt their legs from the heavy hit on to a stationary car. Sigh, I know, an idiot and a further disoriented time for the family.
Later that afternoon, I had 2 smses. First from T, "I need some of you guys to stay over my place and keep watch". He needed rest as the next day was going to be one that is emotionally and physically tiring for him. I volunteered to put up and just did all I could.
Second was from TL who met in a car accident as well. And TL is from the group of 4. He is a friend. He was on the highway and had an oncoming car crashed straight onto him on the highway. How did that commercial van get on the wrong side of the highway, beats me. TL's car was a total wreck, he had just managed to swerve to the side but still had great impact as the van crashed straight into the passenger side pushing the dashboard right to the back of the car. If anyone was his passenger, he would have been dead. The last person he dropped home was me.
He suffered a fracture in the left eye socket and had just gone for surgery this evening. Kindly pray for relieve and recovery. I am going to visit my friend tomorrow. Maybe I'll bring a good story with me. Or else, we'll talk about T's progress. I am sure he would like to know.
I prayed with TL last night before I went over to T's house. I rested in the Lord, and surrendered TL to God. I believe that God will bring him through.
The rest of the night was spent at T's and just stayed watch over the house for the night. I slept on the couch with a hand towel over my face to block the light. Woke up with a sore shoulder, a small price in response to what the family was going through. Barely caught many hours.
I went back to work in the afternoon and had a back to back meeting lasting 5 hours. I was dead beat tired by the time I got home.
Yet, there were many thoughts running through my mind which brings me to the centrepiece.
***
His dad passed away suddenly. He just went.I was thinking, in this instance what if it was my dad or even me. Would I have missed the opportunity to share Christ if dad went just like that. Having cancer would have been a blessing in this case given the circumstance to reflect and correct all wrongs; a second chance maybe.
From the wake, it brought back memories of the passing of my grandmother - the last evident funeral I went for. Chinese rituals and beliefs which now, I don't participate because of understanding who my true God is. I am glad in this respect that I understand what I know and came to know and got to know.
***
It's really funny. Last week I was planning for the Phantom of the Opera to Sg with CK, and also talking to some shadows of the smaller island. I spoke quite interestingly about the trip and things we would do. I also had to cast for 2 ads that week and having a shot for them on the same weekend to Sg. Here I was, thinking about the best possible outcome and planning most of my journey on how I could work this best.
With the rude shock over the weekend, everything changes. At least I know still that God is here.
Labels: life lessons

so sorry to hear of T's and H's loss. pls tell H i'm praying.
Lesson #3
Adjectives = Descriptives
( rhymes with the 'tives' behind. if you keep repeating it it'll stick too.)
Adjective Descriptive Adjective Descrptive
Eg. I want to buy D a very cool lomo camera.
z: will do, much appreciated. And TL is terence lim. u'll know him. operation went well, pray for recovery.
d: xie xie lau sher :)